Sunday, May 5, 2013


Works from my semester at Otis...

Maximalism


 


  "The Assist"  
3ft x 4ft
Gold Leaf and Oil on canvas




Exhibition Invitation





Here is some of the work I did this semester at Otis.  The image to the left is the invitation for our Maximalism Exhibition (I did not design the invitation, just adding it here for fun).  The image above is the piece I had in the show.  The photo below is of the reception we had at Knox.








~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing Comes From Nothing



"Untitled"
7" x 7"
Mixed Media and Gold Leaf on Wood


This is a preliminary version of one of my portable altar pieces.  The image is set inside a cigar box covered with gold leaf.
















"Wonder Woman"
42" x 30"
Oil on Canvas


Still trying to decide if I want to do a glaze over this Wonder Woman piece to vintage it out.  I don't usually play with this graphic novel style, but it was nice to venture out beyond my confort zone for a change.






















"Rococo Wonder Woman"
11" x 17"
Ink and Oil Pencil on Paper


An evolution of the above project - a collaboration with Arielle who did the amazing inking on this piece.  























"Hanuman 2013"
Acrylic and Ink on Canvas Paper


Just a fun project with my favorite monkey, Josh.  It's been a while since I've done a portrait of him so I thought it was time.  I love my Josh.













No comments: